Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Link: zypper Cookbook Autoremove Packages and Remove Orphaned Packages

Doing some research on using zypper for package management and came across this well written informative piece. Thought I would share it here. 

As I learned how to autoremove unnecessary packages as you remove a package and also how to identify orphaned packages, I marveled at the beauty of zypper and the excellent work of all its contributors. Not only does zypper have the functionality to do just about anything related to repos and packages, it has sensible online help right at your fingertips.

Before I show how to perform these two tasks this post is primarily about, let me show you two easy ways to figure out whether zypper can do what you want to do.

Read the full article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment