Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.

Installed some fonts the other night in the new Fedora 18 KDE, and today when I went to load kcharselect from terminal I got this message.

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.

I did a bit of Googling and it seems to be a common problem across many distros. I found this in an Ubuntu forum and it seemed to take the problem away.

mkdir .config/fontconfig

mv .fonts.conf .config/fontconfig/fonts.conf

When I ran the mkdir command, it said I already had the proper directory, so I ran the second command and everything seems to work fine since. I downloaded my favorite set of dingbats and they installed fine. Made this real quick to test them out.
Punk dingbats font downloaded at. http://fontzzz.com/font/13093_punk_dingbats.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment